Skip to main content

I'm Late For A Reason!


I was up early and upset this morning because we were late getting out the door to go to school. 
My oldest was dragging her azz and kept asking for 5 more minutes to sleep. My son couldn't find his shoes even though I told him to get everything together last night. He swears he did because he put his clothes out smh...next time I will have to be more specific about including shoes. The youngest is sick fighting a little bug so she was the only one safe from my fussing.

We FINALLY get out the door, 5min after our 10min grace period to still be on time. My son gets dropped off 3min before he's considered late, which would've been 7min if not for that godforsaken car line!!

But before the drop off, as we passed slowly in the right lane, there was a mini van broken down. Half of it was in the left lane, the other on the grass median. Riding by we could see the front passenger side wheel had come COMPLETELY off!! There was nothing but the metal of rotors and breaks on the pavement. In shock I asked the children if they saw the driver or the wheel, after a minute we moved forward in line enough to see a woman standing on the sidewalk across the street. She was obviously panicked, on the phone and holding the tire that had rolled to that opposite side of the street. It was sad to see people were just passing by and we passed by her too but reading the look on my face my oldest daughter and I spoke the same thought, "When we get out of line, let's go back." In true 9 year old form, before he got out the car he yelled "Jinx! Double Jinx! Owe me a soda! Bye!" I told my daughter she owed her brother a soda as we drove through the line, down the street and made a u-turn.
There was still no one else that stopped to help. I pulled up behind the mini van and found that the driver was a Mom with a daughter that goes to the same school as my son. She was distraught but she was thinking straight and had called her family. The tow truck hadn't been decided yet so I told her let's get her daughter to school and her to a safe place where she can call instead of on the side of the road. 
Just as we were getting her daughter out of the van and to my car, another mini van pulled up. The woman inside came and asked if there's anything she could do? Until that point, I actually hadn't thought to say,"Hi, I'm Katrina." We all introduced ourselves. The Mom was Dawn and the lady that stopped, Rochelle. As Dawn thanked us we complimented each other on our natural hair and figured out we all have children at the same elementary school. We told the new comer the plan so far and turns out she was the last piece to the puzzle. I was putting Dawn's daughter in my car while they talked and Rochelle happily offered to use her insurance roadside assistance for the tow. We all drove to the school just a few blocks away and everything worked out. Everyone was safe, in school and the tow truck was on its way. The only thing left was for Dawn to wait for a ride to work. She thanked both of us so many times because we were all sadly aware that most people don't stop to help anyone anymore and Dawn thought that would certainly be the case this morning. She's glad we dud or her morning could've been a lot worse than it was.
The whole time my daughter was watching quietly from the back seat and keeping an eye on the youngest. She saw everything from us lifting the tire into the trunk to comforting the little girl while her mom made some phone calls. When I returned to the car to get back to our own morning drop off routine, she exploded with a cheer that filled the whole car!! It startled me but she was just that excited that we had stopped to help and that everything was ok. I knew this was my reminder from the universe but it was also a demonstration of life for her and once again she spoke my mind...
"Everything happens for a reason and sometimes we are the reason right JuJu?"
I said "Right baby."
I wanted to cry...this 12 year old was slower than a turtle in molasses this morning but she figured out what was actually happening like lightening. And what's more she got to see black women take care of each other. I would've helped anybody but 
I Am My Sisters Keeper.
This morning was also motivating as a glimpse into why I am working hard to make certain visions come true but also a good reminder to remain calm! Because while I was fussing about us running late, it was actually putting us right on time to be a blessing.
Trust the universe...
You Are Exactly Where You Need To Be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slap The $#!+ Out Of Em Club

Sometimes dealing with certain people can ruin all the patience you have and you start to think you're losing your mind, perhaps you're the one thats crazy. Just maybe you are the one doing everything wrong...But Maybe Not. Lets Check! If a person takes everything you say as being "hostile" or having a "tone" ...wouldn't you think that person has a problem with you or hates you to some degree? YES! or No If someone tells you...that when you talk they need Rosetta Stone and they just skip straight to clowning, acting a fool and arguing with you instead of listening...wouldn't you take that as disrespect and a sign that they are definitely just out to get you?? YES! or No If you diligently make a seriously conscious effort to the point of damn near walking on eggshells to not curse, use negative language or offensive examples and even Repeat someone elses exact words when speaking to that certain person...and they Still come up with some bullshit

An ACN Aha!!

I have found that if you don't change with life, it will surely strangle you to death as it moves on without you... I'm a single mother of 3 beautiful children now and an independent business owner, established in Tampa, FL. I offer essential residential and business services and as an entrepreneur it's my goal to generate multiple sources of income for my family. To do so I've had to change, sometimes drastically but always remarkably. I offer interior design services, event decor, arts & crafts, and more recently, brokering essential residential & business services. My younger brother Bounder introduced me to ACN almost a year ago because I needed extra and residual income to provide financial stability for my family. Having 3 children is wonderful but it is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. At ages 12, 9 and 2 years old, food and clothing alone for each of them is akin to a small fortune, especially when they get their height from a 6'2 Mom a

SQUAD!

People love to use fun words once you have more than 3 children don't they? Like Bebe's Kids!  If they're not that bad they aren't just children, now they are a team, a troop, the crew even a tribe and if you're cool but really proud of them we say  SQUAD! But no one ever uses the word Trinity without saying Holy first, it's just not commonly done. As awesome as that is we will leave that realm for later. My Squad, my Trinity are my children. I used to say I want 4 children but in my research I have come to understand and accept that 3 has long been considered the number of completion. I had all 3 of my children completely natural, minimal drugs. It took my third child to finally decide, I'm Done!  When a woman gives birth she is quite literally a divine intervention. We are uniquely able to access the physical and spirit realm at the same time to navigate a soul into being. What's your super power? I have done it 3 times and by definition a Trinity