Skip to main content

Its Lit!!

I am always teaching, always building my children's world, every day whether I know it or not and even when I forget.
They understand that home is wherever we are together, its how we do things together, its what we do for each other. Our life is modest but we have so much love and lots of fun. If you see me, you see them. But I have been so caught up in building their material and emotional world, I almost forgot to keep giving them light.
Children are bright in their own right but if its not nurtured theres a chance their light might get dim. If that happens, sometimes children are unable distinguish between artificial or other people's light and their own. Thats when they might start following the wrong crowd, mimicking behavoirs or trying to be like a celebrity. Its bound to happen, its part of growing up but too much of that can make them lose their way. Until a certain time, even the brightest children need a source of light not just to guide them but to keep them lit.
That definitely fits my job description but its not always easy.  Most of the time being a parent means being the last person thought of and its easy to get stuck there. We say things like, "Once the kids are older...when a bill is paid off...when they finish school..." and suddenly 5 or 10 years have passed.
Sometimes all they see is me doing what I'm supposed to do as their Mom. As a result my children have learned to shop for groceries, cook, have an understanding of a budget, do chores, awesome in school and are responsible, well mannered young people. That keeps them lit but those are the basics, thats considered their foundation.
What about their dreams and goals?
They have to find their purpose and passion in life too but how can they without an example to follow? I believe everything should start at home, especially their validation and role models. 

Thats where I fell off a little bit.
I haven't done any real dream chasing in quite a few years, at least not for myself.
My oldest are 12 and 10, I realized they're getting older and their light is going to need a boost. Hell, I'm getting older and needed a boost! Short term goals are great but its time to knock out some long term goals that I had been neglecting. I started them and put them to the side until I had more time but a brick hit me: 

"If not now, then when?
If not me, then who?"
So I (re)started working towards my biggest goals and my children got excited!
In October I started going all in, full focus.
As I got closer to my goal, they started imagining how cool the finished product would be and how it will effect our lives as well as others. They always ask a million questions but I noticed it was a new set of a million questions.
In just a few months I have started a foundation, published my first book (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MYXQ85D)

and Im not done yet! 
Now that I have accomplished these the best work will be to maintain those goals and set more.
My children know exactly what they want to be when they grow up, but its important that they see first hand what heart, hard work, and determination looks like to see it through. 
I am their light just as much as they are mine. Its important they understand that just because I grew up and had children, doesn't mean I'm done chasing dreams.
Now, they are so proud being able to brag a little bit. When people ask what their mom does, now they can say, "My Mom is an author!" And they are going to be an engineer and photographer. As my daughter loves to holler, "ITS LIT!" 


This isn't limited to just my family though.
The last few months have been a reminder that when we let our own light shine it inspires others to do the same. When I published my book it was amazing to see how many people emailed, text or messaged me telling me it motivated them to finish what they started or to start now because I just proved ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE.
So if thats you, KEEP GOING!! You never know who's watching and if you have children, they are watching for sure, so GO FOR IT!! They are waiting for permission to shine a little brighter.
Stay Lit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slap The $#!+ Out Of Em Club

Sometimes dealing with certain people can ruin all the patience you have and you start to think you're losing your mind, perhaps you're the one thats crazy. Just maybe you are the one doing everything wrong...But Maybe Not. Lets Check! If a person takes everything you say as being "hostile" or having a "tone" ...wouldn't you think that person has a problem with you or hates you to some degree? YES! or No If someone tells you...that when you talk they need Rosetta Stone and they just skip straight to clowning, acting a fool and arguing with you instead of listening...wouldn't you take that as disrespect and a sign that they are definitely just out to get you?? YES! or No If you diligently make a seriously conscious effort to the point of damn near walking on eggshells to not curse, use negative language or offensive examples and even Repeat someone elses exact words when speaking to that certain person...and they Still come up with some bullshit

An ACN Aha!!

I have found that if you don't change with life, it will surely strangle you to death as it moves on without you... I'm a single mother of 3 beautiful children now and an independent business owner, established in Tampa, FL. I offer essential residential and business services and as an entrepreneur it's my goal to generate multiple sources of income for my family. To do so I've had to change, sometimes drastically but always remarkably. I offer interior design services, event decor, arts & crafts, and more recently, brokering essential residential & business services. My younger brother Bounder introduced me to ACN almost a year ago because I needed extra and residual income to provide financial stability for my family. Having 3 children is wonderful but it is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. At ages 12, 9 and 2 years old, food and clothing alone for each of them is akin to a small fortune, especially when they get their height from a 6'2 Mom a

SQUAD!

People love to use fun words once you have more than 3 children don't they? Like Bebe's Kids!  If they're not that bad they aren't just children, now they are a team, a troop, the crew even a tribe and if you're cool but really proud of them we say  SQUAD! But no one ever uses the word Trinity without saying Holy first, it's just not commonly done. As awesome as that is we will leave that realm for later. My Squad, my Trinity are my children. I used to say I want 4 children but in my research I have come to understand and accept that 3 has long been considered the number of completion. I had all 3 of my children completely natural, minimal drugs. It took my third child to finally decide, I'm Done!  When a woman gives birth she is quite literally a divine intervention. We are uniquely able to access the physical and spirit realm at the same time to navigate a soul into being. What's your super power? I have done it 3 times and by definition a Trinity